Thursday, October 9, 2008

slow cooker pork barbecued sandwiches with corn on the cob

Unlike food stylist photographers, my food is real and ready to eat.  That is why I was in a bit of a hurry when I took this picture.  I wanted to eat it!  So, I didn't exactly place the bun in the most attractive position.  That is not a bite out of the bun, but where it was separated from it's sister bun.  

On to the story, though.  This recipe was great and so easy!  I dropped the boneless pork ribs in the crockpot with about a cup of beef broth and let it go at slow for about two hours.  After checking it at that point, I decided it was probably done, but I wanted it to stay warm until I was ready to shred it so I left it on the warm setting for the remainder of the day (about 6 hours).  I said a quick prayer that it would not be overcooked and my prayer was answered in a wonderful way.  The ribs were fall-apart tender and so easy to shred with two forks in hand.  I just mixed in a bit of bottled barbecue sauce, tossed it all into a small iron skillet covered with foil, and put in the oven for the last 30 minutes to warm up.  

Chef D and I both gobbled up everything, except a bit of meat for his lunch tomorrow.

No comments: