Thursday, October 23, 2008

italian sausage ragu with penne pasta

This Cuisine at Home recipe certainly led to a pretty photograph, but I am afraid that the flavor did not follow through in the same way.

Chef D ate the penne pasta with a bit of the sauce, but most of the vegetable portion of the meal remained on his plate at the end.  The tomatoes just did not cook down enough to break down their acidity.

I ate all of mine, but it is not something I would make again.  Perhaps if I started with a store-bought sauce and added the vegetables in, it may have worked better for us.   

Well, you live and learn.

3 comments:

Barb said...

One suggestion for the sauce - CROCK POT! It would allow the sauce to ccok down slowly and the flavors to meld:)

Lisha said...

great idea!

Barb said...

I thought so:)