Tuesday, October 7, 2008

fish tacos and fresh fried corn chips with tomatillo sauce and pico de gallo


Tonight's meal was inspired by a recipe from Food Network's Tyler Florence.  Although I ended up using a different fish taco recipe, I saw the link on Tyler's to his fresh fried corn chips and tomatillo sauce and had to give it a try (since tomatillos have become my new love!).  Of course, I needed a little pico de gallo to round out the meal.  I want to give a shout out to a friend from church who submitted the fish taco recipe into our recently published church cookbook.  Thanks, Mr. A!

Now, as my friend Barb says, let's get to the facts.  I really enjoyed the meal and the preparation was not half bad.  The frozen tilapia worked just fine, although I have to admit that I did not taste anything that seemed to resemble fish in my taco.  I would never have known I cooked seafood if it had not been for the lovely aroma that remained in the kitchen.  The instructions for making the tomatillo sauce is the easiest of any I have made so far and I highly recommend this recipe.

Chef D's response?  He was a man of few words tonight, but he said it was good and ate all on his plate.  Sounds like a keeper. 


2 comments:

Norm Deplume said...

Every day I look at your pictures and read your menu, and my mouth waters. Now I need to make fish tacos soon. I haven't had them in years.

Lisha said...

oh, i just saw this Robin! Thanks for the comment:) They were really good, too. Go for it!