Sunday, November 30, 2008

menu planning monday 12.01.08

We traveled to Charlotte, NC to spend Thanksgiving with family and just returned home last night.  The holidays are definitely here as I am already finding those extra events to plan my menus around.  This time of year makes me realize how grateful I am to have started menu planning!

Monday:  Sharla's Tortilla Soup (I'll make extra to take to a ladies potluck dinner at church) for Chef D, cheese quesadillas for the boys.

Tuesday:  Chicken and Rice Casserole with a tossed salad. Dessert for our bible reading group will be these Brownie Cups.

Apprehension-Free Wednesday:  Dinner at church will be soup, salad and dessert (grilled cheese for the kids!).

Thursday:  Crockpot Barbecue Pork Sandwiches with pinto beans (going to the Jars of Clay Concert)

Friday:  BB's Chicken and Dumplins' with steamed green beans (einstein has a field trip to see a Christmas play and then both the boys have practice for their church children's choir play this night).  I will be making a double-batch so I can take half for my share of the food at my monthly scrapbooking crop.

Sous-Chef Saturday:  Stay tuned to see what Chef D has planned for this week:)

Snacks for the week will be pumpkin bread and oatmeal bars.

Don't forget to check in over at OrgJunkie for more menu planning ideas!

5 comments:

Barb said...

Looks like you have everything under control for this week. Great menu!

Anonymous said...

If I didn't plan, we'd be at the drive through every other day. I need a reminder to pull items from the freezer and to know what I can do ahead of time for those busy nights.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Great looking menu especially the soup! Thanks for sharing!

Have a great week!
Sherry

Dana said...

yummmmmmy! Your menu sounds great!

Unknown said...

I so love Pumpkin Bread. We actually order it from simplyseasonal, at etsy.com. It's amazing.
Have a terrific week.