Sunday, November 2, 2008

menu planning monday 11.03.08

Well, I survived my busy week of planning and running our church fall festival.  It took place last Friday night and we ministered to between 800-1000 people over the course of 2 hours.  Whew!  Then, the next night we had our eldest son's 11th birthday party with 10 of his friends -- a Video Game Playing party (what more could any 11-year old boy ask for?)!  Needless to say, I am whooped.

I look forward to having more time again to plan and prepare meals this week.  I am also adding an extra to go meal each week that will be sent home with friends.  This week's to go meal will be on Monday.  So, here we go:

Monday: Fajitas (Chef D finally found skirt steak last week and started marinating it Sunday, so it's a done deal for tonight) with pinto beans ; Lasagna to go

Tuesday:  Lasagna, Salad, and Garlic Bread

Apprehension-Free Wednesday: Dinner at church will be Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans (start chicken marinating for Thursday)


Friday:  Crockpot Apple-Bacon Pork Chops over rice 

Saturday:  Football Game at Auburn (dining out with L & I afterwards)

Sunday:  Church Supper Club at the HBs

Don't forget to check out all the other menu planning ideas at OrgJunkie!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow, your Chicken, spinach, and grits meal sounds so amazing! I know my husband and I would LOVE it! (tip for you, try making your grits with chicken stock instead of water (or 1/2 and 1/2 stock and cream)for richer, more savory grits!)

Connie said...

Your menu sounds great!

Have a wonderful week!

Barb said...

Looking good!

Mandi said...

Yummy menu! Have a great week!

Shan said...

That lasagna looks amazing! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

I just love lasagna. Oh, who am I kidding. The family loves it too.
You have a lovely week.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great looking menu! The Rosemary chicken sounds delish! Thanks for sharing! :D

Have a great week!
Sherry

ListPlanIt said...

Sounds like a great week at your house! I like to hang my Menu Planner on the refrigerator so I remember exactly what we're having for dinner each night.

Jen
http://www.ListPlanIt.com