Monday, January 19, 2009

menu planning monday 01.19.09

I got a little distracted and did not get around to figuring out my menu plan for this week until much later than usual.  The menus last week worked great for my lower-calorie plan and I lost another 4 lbs.!  Now to just come up with a variety of foods to make it all worthwhile:)  I will post calories once I get that determined.

Also, I wanted to share a great zero-calorie snack I just found -- Mt. Olive no sugar added sweet gherkins.  I love sweet pickles, but haven't eaten them in awhile due to the sugar-added calories.  Thank you, Mt. Olive!

Monday:  We traveled over to Auburn to have lunch with our daughter.  We got back late so we are just having leftovers.

Tuesday: Grilled shrimp skewers with yellow rice and a caesar salad (500 calories). Prep:  boil a dozen eggs.

Apprehension-Free Wednesday:  Dinner at church will be pork roast, hash brown casserole, green beans, salad and dessert. Prep:  Make fresh fruit with mint balsamic tea (I am growing addicted to this!)

Thursday: Teriyaki Chicken with pickled cucumbers and basmati rice (400 calories)

Friday: Bacon and Swiss Quiche with a tossed salad and fresh fruit (see Wednesday)

Supper Club Saturday
Hospitality Sunday:  Too much going on Saturday night to plan a hospitality Sunday this week so it is a dining out day.

Don't forget to check out OrgJunkie for more menu planning ideas!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Just wondering if you had forgotten..............Looks like a yummy week!

Lauren Elizabeth said...

I'll be home Friday night for dinner. Please make enough quiche for me too??? :)