Friday, January 16, 2009

rosemary grilled chicken with whole-grain pilaf and steamed asparagus

I really like this chicken recipe because it is just so easy. I used boneless thighs the last time I used this recipe.  This time I tried it with skinless, boneless chicken breasts that had been pounded to a 1/4-inch thickness.  I also added a low-calorie cream sauce this time.  I think I prefer the flavor that the thighs provided.  If I use breasts again, Chef D and I will split one instead of each having our own -- we had way too many leftovers tonight.

The pilaf was okay.  It had a nice nutty flavor, but cutting out the butter to reduce calories also reduced the flavor.  The fresh asparagus, steamed just 5 minutes were perfect.

Notes for next time:  Use one breast and split it, figure out additional herbs and spices to add to the pilaf to replace the flavor lost by cutting the fat.

No comments: