Sunday, September 6, 2009

menu planning monday 09.07.09


For those who read my last week's menu plan, I wanted to share that I lost 4 lbs. during my week of anti-bloat jumpstart menus. They were not totally appetizing (mostly due to the salt restriction), but I do feel much better. I will now be starting to include more menus higher in monounsaturated fatty acids (nuts, seeds, avocados, olive oil, and even dark chocolate!).

Monday: Labor Day Holiday - since we will be visiting at a friend's house, this will also be a holiday from my new eating plan.

Tuesday: Cheesy Pasta with Spinach with a side of fresh oranges

Apprehension-Free Wednesday: Dinner served at church will be poppyseed chicken casserole, green beans/peas, salad, bread and dessert.

Thursday: Sesame Chicken Stir-fry with grilled pinapple

Friday: California Burgers with steamed baby carrots

Please check out the other menu plans at OrgJunkie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great menu. That is wonderful your church has dinner every Wednesday. When I was a kid we had soup & bread every Wednesday during lent. I remember my mom would make her tortellini soup at least twice.

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to you joining me at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesday this week. It's easy, fun and economical...can't beat that. Mister Linky is already up and waiting for you.