Monday, March 30, 2009

marinated and grilled portobello mushrooms with rice

My schedule was a bit harried after rushing home from baseball practice to fix dinner, so I did not use the recipe I linked yesterday.  Instead, I tossed the sliced portobello mushrooms with this salad dressing that I had handy.  I let it sit for about 15 minutes then threw them on the hot grill for about 5 minutes per side.  I had planned to steam the asparagus I picked up a few days ago, but when I opened the produce bag to prepare them, I found those nasty, slimy heads.  So, instead I pulled out a box of long-grain and wild rice mix from the pantry.  Yes, it had more calories than the asparagus, but it filled in well for a last minute adjustment.

I really enjoyed the mix of flavors with the balsamic vinaigrette-infused portobellos along with the rice.  This was a nice change from the normal meat entree and was pretty easy to prepare.

No comments: